Maya: Color Maps with bumps and specs


aaaaaand my pc is refusing to render past here. its been 3 hours now trying to render it and im not getting any of the lights. initially it was caused by my settings having changed (dont't know how) but now at the end of the tutorial it refuses to render the final image.
things I've done to try and get the render to work:
closed all background programs
reduced resolution of all textures to 1920 instead the the 4k stated in the tutorial
changed render quality from 2 to 1

currently trying to convert tiff files into .map files
solution:
In Maya preferences under render setting set mental ray to be the default renderer and check "use optimised textures(auto/conversion)" box then link it to the location of your textures and click update optinized cache textures now.


Even with the pseudo solution I am unable to render anything near the major light sources of the scene but have been able to shot the wood texture on my crates and beams.
after restarting maya twice and reducing the resolution I was able to render it at half 720p
Added my bumps and specs but noticed things seemed o be floating
things were floating so I reposed them and put them back on the ground


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duel: Film Review